Saturday 28 May 2016

Dear life, surprise me please! :)


Here today, I write this blog sitting at the Oslo airport while I wait for my flight to Brussels (where I am currently studying as a PhD student). There is something about these airports, train & metro station, which make me, feel like home!. It’s the planning to go somewhere that always thrills me with undefined joy, and the unfamiliarity of new destinations comforts me with a familiar warmth. I can find utmost solace in the crowd and noisy atmosphere of these places of arrival and departure. Is something wrong with me? Am I addicted to a nomadic life or is this my true nature? While I see that everybody here is in a hurry of being somewhere, I find myself quiet and contended, it feels like a place of utter peace! I don’t know whether it’s a phase or the fact that I don’t belong to anywhere and to anybody has become my very own version of the word ‘freedom' but I enjoy it! 
Similar are the patterns of the other aspects of my life; when at this point of time, most of my friends are busy being in relationships, or are looking for a relationship, getting married, raising kids, thinking about settling down, buying house, looking for more lucrative jobs, making more money etc. etc.  But to me, the very idea of any one of these things blow the hell out of me!. It’s not like that I don’t want to do those things, but something inside my heart always says to me, “It’s not for me, I may have a different story”.  Although, now I am not totally aware of what it is, but I am pretty sure that at least at this juncture of my life, this is not the ‘done thing’ and it would be so untruthful of me if I try of pretend to be in that zone. May be I am better in my current side of the road. I really don’t know what life has in reserve for me. I never had very stringent plans in my life; rather I always let the life go the way it always wanted to but I do have some desires and expectations from it. What I want exactly is, a lot of emoticons, a lot of new people (both nice and not so nice will do), a lot of new destinations, a lot of new tastes, a lot of new experiences and the feeling of being a traveler to the infinity!
I want to conquer the mountain, dive deep in the sea, fly like an eagle high in the sky, walk as far as I can & yet be as much present in the very moment when I am doing these things. I want no strings attached, no promises made, no confused emotions, no complex commitments…. absolute freedom! . If this is life, then it has to be as simplified as water, as vibrant as sun, as calm as an ocean, as energetic as sea waves, as serene as nature, as active as a river, as free as air, as strong as mountain, as sensitive as it should be being a human being! If it is life, and my one and only chance to live, then it has to be this way, my very own way and off-coarse there have to be a lot of instances where I could say out loud, “Dear life, surprise me please!” 

2 comments: