Sunday 29 May 2016

One happy face from my memory...

Whenever I try to recall the happiest people I've ever met, this one particular face always wins the race among all my memories!.Everybody used to call him 'tatta'(grandpa in Kannada).He was a 70 yr young gatekeeper of our hostel and his tasks included a lot of waiting, standing in the scorching sun & enormous amount of patience.But as I saw him in 2 yrs of my masters, I always found him smiling and offering a genuine salute to all the authorities passing by & a very affectionate smile to the students like me.I didn't know his language since I hailed from the northern part of the country but I never found it difficult at all in having a conversation with him. Sometimes with broken words & most of the times with our very own invented sign language!.He was always happy, chirpy and enthusiastic!.I don't know what exactly, but there was something in his eyes that that always said to me in abstractness "life is very beautiful...there is a lot to live for!" :) :) 

2 comments:

  1. Well said Goldu... and Good work.. :) Keep writing dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my dear! . I will try my best! :)

      Delete