Wednesday 26 October 2016

Autumn never comes, it just passes by :) :)



Autumn has arrived and I can noticeably see the changes that have come along. It began with the fading of the leaf color and then a super-slow fall. And now I discover the autumn-footprints of wild-chestnuts, pinkish-pale leaves lying over the ground. That huge pile of leaves covering the previous distinctly visible soil. With the morning sun shining on it, it feels like I am walking over a pile of pure gold. It also reminds me of the morning walks of my graduation days in India when the avenue had the similar but silvery brilliance on the oak trees. I also have memories from my childhood; of the mountains, the lush green terraces farms, herd grazing peacefully in the grasslands, the cold yet profoundly warm touch of the water from the almost frozen springs. The dew, the mist and the snow; the gigantic mountains range, the not-so-busy curvaceous roads, the morning and evening chants of some religious mantras echoing from a temple located at the top of a distant hill. But these memories, garnished with autumn are even more vivid & profound. Wow! sometimes we don’t even realize that how larger the impact of these small reminders from nature have on us. Also, how deeply they moderate out perspectives of that time & transform into the most candid of the memories later. So better they be savored a little more consciously!
It's the season of imperfections; the leaves are pale and fall in randomness. But each of these imperfections make sense in autumn. Everything is answered; Why the sweetest melodies originate from the places with deep sorrows and pain; Why some things bring joy to human emotions; the sunrise, the birds feeding their children falling flowers of the spring while the other things trigger natural sorrows like the autumn fall? Autumn comes with the simplest of answers for the most complicated questions. 
It breaks my inertia of rest. It’s the time I know that I have to let go the memories of sweet soothing spring and the warmth of receding sober summers. It challenges the ego I develop by the thoughts I think, the knowledge I acquire, the work I do & the bonds I develop. It helps me introspect and with the drizzles outside, it brings the most intoxicating nostalgia. It helps me gain a better perspective of the transient aspect of my journey. The vigour with which I admired the spring & the way I hosted the chilly winter & the shiny summers, autumn makes me re-think & reinvigorate that spirit.  It is a season’s sweeper that we see early in the morning sweeping the streets with the most dedicated expression. It’s the farewell ode of fading tinge to the bright hue. For life feels like is just a walk through the memories & autumn. We decide how much to keep and how much to let go; the ego, the possessions, the desires, the control, the thoughts, the plans, the very own self! It is the season that one can rarely get attached to but it rekindles all the previous attachments. Autumn is the promise of a better and beautiful future but also the realization of its transient nature. I believe that the autumn actually never comes; it just passes by as a guest that we already know will stay only for a while. :) 

1 comment:

  1. "Why the sweetest melodies originate from the places with deep sorrows and pain"
    Yeah, that is what the Fall is like right? Its so beautiful even in its doleful sorrow.
    Great Goldi, enjoyed it! Keep sharing :)

    ReplyDelete